Live Casino vs Online Casino: What’s the Difference?
Online casinos offer all the thrill and excitement of a casino from the comfort of your own home. You can enjoy hundreds of classic casino games and modern releases such as Blackjack, Roulette, and the latest video slots. These sites allow you to play casino games for real money, potentially winning some big prizes as well as having lots of fun. Online casinos have become a lot more popular over the past few years as new regulations mean that they’re safer than ever. On top of that, technology has improved to provide better games and more realistic graphics.
While modern online casinos are great for a lot of players, they still lack certain features that only land-based casinos can offer. However, modern technology has found a solution for those who prefer a more immersive casino experience. Live dealer online casino games offer all of the atmosphere and realism of playing at a land-based casino, combined with the convenience of online play.
What are Live Dealer Games
Live dealer games are the latest innovation available at online casinos. While a regular online casino game is controlled by a computer and a random number generator (RNG) that determines the outcome, live games feature real cards, dice, or wheels. When you load up a live casino and join a table, you’re greeted by a professional dealer who is being live-streamed from a real casino studio. The game is controlled by the dealer and the luck of the draw, just as with casino games at a land-based casino.
As you play at a live casino, you can interact with the dealer and other players at the table using a live chat feature. All of the live game features are designed to give players the most authentic casino experience and help them enjoy themselves more as they play. While it’s not quite the same as playing at a land-based casino, it’s the closest you can get without actually leaving your house.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Live Casino Games Compared to Regular Casino Games
Live games are quickly growing in popularity thanks to the high degree of realism they offer as well as numerous other advantages. When compared to standard, RNG-based games, there are lots of advantages plus a few disadvantages to consider:
- More realism – The main advantage of live dealer games over standard casino games is that they’re incredibly realistic when compared to computer-generated graphics. All live games are streamed in high definition, giving you a first-person view of the table and letting you feel like you’re really at a casino while you play.
- Social aspect – Many online casino players miss the social aspect of a land-based casino where they can chat with the dealer and play with friends at the same table. Live dealer games remedy that by providing a live chat feature. Through this chat, you can interact with your dealer and other players at the table, sharing the excitement of big wins.
- Exclusive live game bonuses – Almost every online casino offers generous bonuses to first-time players as well as some nice loyalty rewards. On top of that, many sites provide exclusive bonuses to live casino players, encouraging them to try out the latest live games. You can often claim some free bets or matched deposit offers to use when playing live dealer games at most major online casinos.
- Higher minimum bet – Because live dealer games are more expensive to produce and host, these games usually have a higher minimum bet amount than RNG games. Still, the difference is usually not that noticeable and still allows you to play for relatively little.
- Tables have limited capacity – Unlike RNG games, live dealer games can only fit so many people on one game. Just like at a land-based casino, only so many people can play at once, so you might have to wait or find a different game if your favorite table is full. On top of that, not all tables are available 24/7.
Amazing £500 Play-Through Bonus & £20 Cash Bonus
18+. T&Cs apply. New Customers Only. £20 extra = one cash game ticket of €8 and 4 x UK Tour tournament tickets of €4. £500...
A Beginners Guide to Playing Poker Online
If you're new to online poker, you may feel overwhelmed. But don't worry—plenty of resources…
Is It Harder to Play Poker in Person or Online?
From a merely technical point of few, online poker is harder to play. It requires…
8 Poker Tells You Should Look Out For
When it comes to poker tells, they depend on the level at which you play.…
The differences between playing poker online and offline
If you’ve ever played poker in a casino, you’ll know that the experience is completely…
Latest Payment Methods At Online Casinos
Online casinos have never been so big. Only natural then, that players across the planet…
What Interstate Poker Would Mean For US Players
Interstate poker has been given the opportunity to thrive in the United States of America…